Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chapter 28

There was silence for a few minutes after everyone left where we sort of just looked around the room and avoided making eye contact. It started to get to me so I figured it would be better to use the band-aid technique and get it over as quick as possible.


"Sid everyone's waiting for you so just do what you're going to do." I said with my voice shaking a little.
"I'm an idiot." He replied still not making eye contact with me.
"Why? You made it very clear how you feel and that doesn't really make you an idiot." I stated as he finally looked at me.
"Brooke what I said came out completely wrong and I still don't know how to say it right. I didn't mean that this isn't worth it because it is. I just don't want us to rush into anything too quickly and you regret it."
"What makes you think I'll regret it?"
"I don't know that you will I just don't want to pressure you. I know that I am willing to do whatever it takes. I've liked you ever since I first met you but you're just thinking of me in this way so I don't want to offer long distance if that's not what you're going to want."
"Oh trust me I've been wanting this too Sid. And how about we just see what happens it's only April yet so you're here for a few months anyway."
"Hopefully but that depends on how far we make it."
"You guys are awesome I think you're going to do it this year."
"I hope so. So can we just forget this whole stupid thing and pretend nothing happened. I'd really like for us to be normal for once."
"Yeah I'd like that too."


He then came over and gave me a quick kiss. When he pulled away he just looked deep into my eyes and I saw a look come over him that I've never seen before. He leaned down and started kissing me again, but this time it was a deeper kiss with more passion. He backed me over to the couch and I lay down on it with him coming down on top of me. We were starting to get into it more, his hands were roaming my entire body while my hands were tangled in the hair on the back of his head. He left my lips and started kissing his way down my neck sending chills through me. His hands were travelling up my shirt, bringing it up with him, and when he got so far he pulled me up and took my shirt completely off. He brought his mouth back to mine for a while and then went back to my neck, this time kissing his way down my chest until he got as far as my bra. But then he stopped and pulled away from me.


"What's wrong?" I asked breathlessly.
He smiled at me and shook his head. "Nothing, if this is going to happen we should go upstairs, just in case."
"Yeah you're probably right." I said feeling nervous all of a sudden.
"But the guys are all waiting so we should just get to the bar I guess."
"Yeah ok." I replied feeling confused and a little disappointed at his change in mood.


I grabbed my shirt and put it back on and went to the bathroom to finish getting ready. When I was done he was sitting on the couch waiting for me.


"All set." I stated as I went into the living room.


He got up and gave me a quick peck and then we put our coats and boots on and left.


"I didn't think you guys were going to be back until tomorrow some time." I said while we were on our way.
"Yeah I figured we would leave in the morning but after the win we all wanted to celebrate with you guys." He replied.
"I bet it was because of Army and Bugsy right?"
"Well we are looking forward to seeing them but of course we mostly wanted to celebrate with our beautiful girlfriends."
"I bet. So I guess there's going to be more than just a couple of the girlfriends and wives tonight compared to last night, right?"
"Actually there might not be too many tonight it's just the young guys going out. The guys with kids can't find babysitters on short notice. But tomorrow night is the actual team celebration so they're not really missing anything."
"I will tell you I am not getting drunk again tonight, last night was too much."
"Yeah we're going to get you four back for that last night too. Who's idea was it actually to call us?"
"It was Colby's. Well actually Colby just wanted to call you it was Vero's idea to add Marc to the mix. It was funny though."
"Yeah everyone on the team thought so too."
"Besides that's my payback for the morning you guys all decided to call me and wake me up before practise."
"Alright fair enough. We're here."


We were pulling into a parking place with a huge line up of people waiting outside the building. Of course we didn't have to wait, we went into the back entrance and met everyone in the VIP
section of the bar. It was upstairs with couches and tables and rails going around it.


"You guys are finally here, Sid I'm stealing your girlfriend." Vero yelled as soon as we got there.
"Just bring her back." He replied. He gave me a quick kiss and I was off to the bar where the rest of the girls were. It was the same girls from last night so it was comfortable and a lot of fun. About half an hour later I saw Logan and Max heading towards the back entrance and I watched them, being confused. A few minutes later they came back in with of course Laura and Kristy with him.


"Son of a bitch." I said, while the rest of the girls turned to look at what I was seeing.
"Oh you have got to be kidding me." Vero mumbled while the rest of the girls responded the exact same way I did.
"Alright forget it I am getting drunk tonight." I said while I ordered a beer and the rest of the girls joined me.


A few minutes later I felt someone come up behind me and when I turned around Max was standing there.


"I'm sorry Brooke I couldn't tell Logan we didn't want his girlfriend here. But I didn't know that Kristy would be coming too." He said sounding very genuine.
"It's ok Max don't worry about it." I replied.


He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and headed back upstairs with the guys. I watched him walk upstairs and join Sid on one of the couches. Sid saw me looking at him and winked at me.


"I really don't think you have to worry." Vero said grabbing my attention.
"I don't think so either to be honest." I replied.
"Alright so let's get drunk." Mel yelled as she ordered a round of shots for us.
"This is going to be a long night." Vero and I said simultaneously causing everyone to laugh.


After we had our shots done and had another couple drinks we decided that we should go upstairs since this was supposed to be a celebration for the guys. When we went upstairs everyone looked for their significant other. Of course my boyfriend was sitting up with Logan, Laura, and Kristy but thankfully Max and Colby was there too which made me feel a little better. We all split up as Mel and I walked over to them. We were both a little drunk.


"Well there they are", Sid started, "we thought you actually abandoned us at our celebration."
"Awwe well at least you wouldn't have been lonely." I stated after realizing that Kristy had her hand on his knee.
"I have to pee, Brooke come with me." Mel said as she grabbed my arm. We both walked away as I rolled my eyes when Sid stared at me.


When we got to the bathroom I let loose. "We can never be just normal there's always something happening. Between fighting and other girls getting between us what the hell am I supposed to do with that."


Just then the door swung open and Vero walked in. "Brooke Marc told me to come make sure you were ok, what's going on?"
"Little miss slut was feeling Sid up when we went over to them and he was doing absolutely nothing to stop her." Mel answered.
"I'm going to handle this." Vero stated as she walked out of the bathroom.
"That can't be good, right?" I said laughing a little.
"No probably not." Mel agreed.


We stayed in the bathroom for a while talking about random things like the move to Atlanta and the upcoming wedding, staying completely away from the Sid subject. About ten minutes later Vero came into the bathroom again.


"Everything is fixed." She stated as soon as she came in.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"Well I went and dragged Sid, Max, and Marc outside for a little chat and well Colby tagged along. They all claims that she only put her hand there when you came upstairs so there was nothing happening before you were there. And obviously I pointed out the fact that it wouldn't be a big deal with them hanging out and stuff except for the fact that he knows what her plans are and he's kind of playing along with her. So now he feels like a complete jackass because he said he already said something earlier that almost ruined you. Anyway he's waiting for you to come out because he wants to go home because he's sick of hurting you."
"I don't want him to go home this is his celebration that's not what this is about."
"He knows that but he wants the two of you to leave so you can hang out and be normal for once. Oh and Max is a little pissed at him too."
"I guess I should go fix all of this, I probably overreacted once again but I'm a little buzzed right now I can't help it."
"No Brooke", Mel chimed in, "You didn't overreact the girl has a plan to get between you two and he's being all buddy buddy with her, I would be upset too."
"Alright well let's go out there and see what he's going to say to you." Vero said as she held the door open for me.
"Fine but I'm getting another drink." I stated as we all walked out and towards the bar.


Before we even made it to the Bar Sid was in front of me cutting me off, I actually almost slammed into him. "Can we go outside for a minute?"

I nodded my head and followed him outside.


"Can we go somewhere and talk?" He asked.
"Actually you know what there's always something stupid for us to talk about and it's frustrating. This is supposed to be a celebration for you guys so how about you go back inside and enjoy it and I'll head home." I answered.
"No Brooke come on nothing even happened she did it as soon as she saw you. And tomorrow night is the real celebration so it doesn't matter if I leave this one early. Please let's just go back to my place and be normal like we said, please."
"Fine, you're just lucky you're hot." I stated as I turned and headed back for the door.
"Are you drunk?" He asked with a chuckle.
"Just a little."
"Great. So I'll run upstairs and grab our coats and we'll head back to my place."
"Alright." I said as I went to find Vero and Mel and tell them I was leaving. I said bye to them and like two minutes later Sid was back and my side.

"Ready to go?" He asked.
"Yeah."


We went out to his car, and like a gentleman he held the door open for me and we were on our way back to his place.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Great update!! Hope that Kristy girl doesn't cause too much trouble for them!!