Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chapter 26

The next morning followed the same routine as always. Logan and I both got up, showered, ate breakfast, finished getting ready, then I drove him to school, and headed off to school myself. I was really glad that it was Friday I just wish that there was something I could do since Sid would be gone and I didn't want to be a third wheel to Logan and Laura, especially with the way I hated her. The day dragged on, probably because it was the the beginning of the weekend, but I was glad when it finally was over. After school I said bye to everyone and headed off to get Logan. When I pulled in I saw Laura was still there waiting and she climbed into the car with him.

"Hey Brooke, Laura's coming over for a while, hope you don't mind." Logan stated when we started to move.
"Of course not." I replied.

The rest of the way home I just listened to Logan and Laura talk about school and some people in their class. I could see how much Logan liked her which made me really mad but she seemed to really like him too so maybe this would all blow over and he would never have to find out. When we got home Logan took out some pork chops and started cooking and I was helping when my phone rang. I ran up to my bedroom to take the call.

"Hello?" I answered not recognizing the number on my phone.
"Hey Brooke, it's Vero." She stated. "Listen all us girls are going out tonight and I think you should come with us. I won't take no for an answer so I'll be over around six and we'll get ready together. Ok bye."

With that she hung up not even giving me a chance to say no. I wouldn't have said no anyway because I actually wanted something to do so I was pretty happy that she had thought about me. I programmed her number into my phone so I would know it was her next time and headed back downstairs to help Logan cook. When I went into the kitchen everything was already cooking so there was nothing else I could do.

After the food was cooked we all sat down to the island and began to eat.

"Who was that who called Brooke?" Logan asked making conversation.
"Vero. She called to say they were all going out and she wanted me to go with them and she's coming over in about an hour to get ready."
"That's awesome at least you won't have a boring night. I think Laura's going to stay the night, if you don't mind."
"No I don't mind just please stay in your room if your going to be naked" I replied causing them both to turn red.

At this point we were done eating so we all put our dishes in the sink and I washed them while Laura dried and Logan packed them away. When everything was done my phone went off again so I went up in my bedroom to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Hey baby." Sid replied through the other end of the phone.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Not too much just settled into the hotel now for the night. You have any plans?"
"Actually Vero is coming over in a bit and then we're all going out apparently. I was kind of forced into it though but I'm glad to have something to do."
"I'm sure you'll have a good time they're a great bunch of girls. Just try not to get into any fights this time please."
"Ugh you're so funny, assface."
"Thanks you're so sweet."
"So what are you guys doing tonight? There's no way I believe you're going to be cooped up in the hotel room all night."
"We'll probably go out for some food and come back and watch a couple movies or something. Can't really do too much with the game tomorrow."

I heard the doorbell ring just then.

"Sid, Vero's here now so I should go. Call me tomorrow some time if you get a chance."
"I'll call you before my nap. Bye baby."
"Bye."

When I flipped my phone shut my door opened and Vero walked on in my bedroom, followed by Mel, who I didn't know was in town.

"Colby came here to suprise the guys so him and Mel will be going out tonight too." Vero stated.
"He doesn't mind going out with a bunch of girls.?" I asked.
"Well Ryan Malone is in town with Abby so he'll be there too." Vero answered.
"Please he would probably have more fun with just the girls anyway knowing Colby." Mel stated with a grin, causing Vero and me to giggle a little. "I know he's excited to get to know you though, apparently Sid won't ever shut up about you."
"Oh great, that's embarrassing."
"Now we're going to have Colby and Ryan there keeping their eyes on us all night so that should be even more fun." Vero said.

We all laughed and started getting ready. We all just put on a nice pair of jeans and a tank top. Mel and I straightened our hair while Vero put some curls in hers. Then we all did out make up and were all ready for the night.

"It's still only eight, what are we going to do now? It's too early to go out isn't it?" I asked.
"Yeah we're going to head over to Ksenia and Sergei's place for a few drinks before we head out." Vero answered.
"Exactly who's going to be there with us? And what about their kids." I asked hoping that it would be nobody who had hated me when I first got here.
"It's only the three of us, Abby, Colby, Ryan, Ksenia, and Erin. Jenny, Heather and most of them aren't in Pittsburgh right now because they're still going to school. Ksenia's neighbour has the kids for the night." Mel answered.
"Well Sid asked me not to get into any fights so that should be easy tonight."
"Jesus I forgot all about that. That was a crazy night but hey you weeded out all the bad seeds anyway." Vero said as we all laughed remembering the events of that night.

When we had finished recapping we headed downstairs and said by to Logan, neither of us said anything to Laura as we headed out the door. We stopped by the liquor store on the way to Ksenia's and picked up some drinks before we headed to the bar. Mel and Vero went half on White Russian mix and I stuck with a six pack of beer. A little while later we were knocking on Ksenia's door. Colby was the one to come answer the door.

"Oh my God Colby can you not behave yourself anywhere." Mel said as she walked past him giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"What, she's busy I'm helping Mel I do that sometimes." He said as everyone laughed at him.

Vero introduced me to everyone as Colby reminded everyone of what had happened the last time that I went drinking with them.

"Thanks for that Colby." I stated as everyone laughed.
"My pleasure. That was probably the most exciting part of the night so you know I had to bring it up."
"Well I'm so glad you did." I said sarcastically.

We all just sat around talking, drinking, and having a good time. Before we knew it, it was midnight and everyone was feeling pretty buzzed. Ksenia called us a couple of cabs and we went outside to wait for them. It only took about fifteen minutes and both the cabs were there. I crawled into a cab with Colby, Mel, and Vero while Abby, Ryan, Ksenia, and Erin got into the other cab. We all met up outside the club and got in without a wait. I guess Colby and Ryan helped us in that case. As soon as we went in Colby bought us a round of shots and we all got another drink. Then everyone headed to the dance floor where we spent the entire night. After the bar shut down we managed to get cabs and said our byes to each other as we all split up.

"Oh my God Brooke you have to come sleep at my house. Mel and Colby are coming it'll be so much fun." Vero said excitedly while we were on the way.
"Yes Brooke it'll be a good time you have to come" Colby said mocking Vero's tone making everyone laugh.
"Actually I think I will. Logan has his girlfriend over so I don't want to walk in on anything." I replied.
"YAY. We'll have to order some food before bed. Brooke you can crawl in bed with me it's big enough for the two of us and I promise I won't put any moves on you." Vero said.
"Oh well as long as you don't put moves on me I'm ok with sleeping with you." I answered while we all laughed.
"And if you two change your mind and do decide on putting moves on each other I will just be in the next room so you can let me know and I'll be happy to watch" Colby said as Mel laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

A little while later we arrived at Vero's and Colby payed for the cab. I guess all the alcohol made him generous. We went inside and agreed on ordering some chinese food before we headed off to bed.

"Man I'm calling Sid and waking him up." Colby stated as he jumped up.
"Colby you can't do that it's three in the morning and he got a game tomorrow night." Mel warned.
"Oh Mel stop ruining my fun, it's going to happen. I'll tell him that I was in it alone if he gets mad." Colby said as we all laughed at him.

Before anybody could say anything else he had his phone took out and was getting ready to dial the number.

"Wait." Vero yelled. "Use the landline and do three way. Call him and Marc and put them on speaker phone so we can all hear."
"Yes that'll be hilarious." I stated.
"You guys are going to get in trouble." Mel said with a smile.

With that Colby called Marc and told him to hold on then linked Sid on. He put them on speaker phone and they both sounded confused, tired, and worried all at the same time.

"What's going on?" Sid asked.
"Is everyone ok?" Marc asked right after.
"Yes everyone is fine. We missed you guys." Colby answered.
"Colby what the hell?" Sid and Marc both said at the same time.
"Well I came to Pittsburgh for a visit and you guys all left town. I don't think that's very nice I mean we used to be teammates and now you run away." Colby said jokingly causing us all to laugh.
"Where the hell are you and are you drunk?" Sid asked.
"Yes I am drunk we've been drinking all night?" Colby answered.
"Colby is that my number on my caller id, are you at my house?" Marc asked sounding even more confused than when we first called.
"Yes Mr. Fleury I am at your house with your girlfriend and Sid's girlfriend. We've been drinking tonight and these girls said they would attack me if I didn't call you. Apparently your girlfriend's miss you when you're away." Colby said.
"Oh my God Colby you're such a liar, we tried to talk him out of it." I said as Vero and I threw pillow at him.
"Brooke, are you at Vero's too?" Sid asked.
"Well Mr. Crosby I'm glad you asked", Colby began, "I came into town to surprise you guys since well I'm not in the playoffs. Then Ryan and Abby found out and decided to come to town with Mel and me. When we got here we kidnapped Brooke, Vero, Ksenia, and Erin and we all went to the bar. Now we are all drunk and Brooke, Vero, Mel, and I are having a sleep over here."
"And what's the point of calling and waking us up?" Marc asked sounding amused rather than angry like I figured he would.
"We're just waiting on our food now. I don't like being the only guy so I wanted some masculinity to talk to while we wait." Colby responded.
"That's a lie Colby you're loving every minute of this." Mel teased.
"I'm hanging up." Sid stated while he laughed.
"Me too." Marc said.

We then heard two clicks and the beeping signalling that we've been hung up on.

"How rude." Colby said as we all laughed and shook our heads at him. The doorbell rang then and we went to get the food. We went four ways on the food and sat down to eat on the floor while we planned up some things we could do if the guys ever got an off day so we could all go out and do something together. After we had eaten Vero gave me some pajamas and another toothbrush and we all got ready for bed. We said our good nights and as soon as my head touched the pillow I fell into a very deep, dreamless sleep.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Sounds like they had a good time!! Great update!