Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chapter 25

After we got home I knew that I was going to have to call Sid and explain everything to him.

"Hey you're not mad that I told him are you? I wouldn't have done it but I knew that he wouldn't get mad over it and he would just try to make things right." Logan said when we got home.
"I'm not mad. I'm going to go call him now though and then we'll figure out something for supper."
"Sounds good."

I ran upstairs to talk to Sid and get this all cleared up once and for all. I knew I was starting to sound like a super paranoid drama queen and that was the last thing that I wanted with this being a new relationship and all.

"Hello?" He answered after the second ring.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked.
"Not too much. What's going on?"
"Just got home. Logan told me that you called him and before you even bring it up I just want you to know that everything Logan told you is a lie."
"Why the hell would Logan lie to me about all of that?"
"Well he doesn't really know he lied."
"Alright I'm confused what's happening here?"
"Last night when I came upstairs to change I heard Laura on the phone with her friend Kristy. She told Kristy that Logan had a friend she was going to set her up with and well turns out that friend is you. They don't care that we're together and they're going to try and come between us so that you and Kristy can be together."
"Why don't you want Logan to know? He'd be pissed at her."
"That's why I don't want to say anything. He likes her a lot and I don't want to ruin that for him."
"Don't you think not telling him would piss him off though. If he knew that she was doing that to you there's no way he would want anything to do with her."
"I just don't want to ruin this for him."
"If you don't tell him he's going to be pissed when he finds out you knew this."
"I already made up my mind that I'm not going to tell him. He's finally happy and after everything he went through last year he deserves this."
"Fine it's your call."
"Yeah it is."
"So are you worried about me and this Kristy girl?" He asked and I could even hear the smile in his voice.
"Well I was mostly pissed off when I overheard but then I saw her and now I'm a little freaked out."
"Why?"
"Sid she is gorgeous. She looks like a mini Taylor Swift, who I know you find hot so that doesn't help."
"Brooke I don't care about looks. Besides you're absolutely gorgeous too so you have nothing to envy her for."
"Whatever you say dear."

There was a knock on my door then and Logan peeked his head in.

"You guys going to make it?" He asked jokingly.
"Yeah Logan." I answered smiling and I heard Sid chuckle too.
"Well I just got off the phone with Laura. Her and Kristy are coming over and we're going to order pizza so I figured we'd wait for them and all order together."
"Sounds good Logan, I'll be right down."

Logan left the room smiling.

"Are you nervous for the game tonight?" I asked hoping that we could change the subject.
"A little but I think we can pull it off."
"Well I'll be watching the entire time."
"Ooooh a little extra motivation huh. I'll call you after the game."
"Ok, tell the guys I said good luck."
"I will baby, bye."
"Bye."

Then I went downstairs with Logan to wait for Laura and Kristy to show up. About twenty minutes later the doorbell rang and Logan jumped up to go answer.

"Hello ladies." He greeted when I heard the door close again.
"Hey Logan. So who'd you rope into coming?" Laura asked sounding anxious.
"Just us three and Brooke."
"What, what happened to Sidney?"
"They have a game tonight which we'll be watching while we eat."

They all came into the living room and sat down on the couch. I said hi to the girls when they first came in but I kept my mouth shut for the rest of their conversation. About fifteen minutes later the doorbell rang again and this time I got up to answer it.

"Vero, I wasn't expecting you." I stated as I opened the door and revealed her standing there with a big smile on her face.
"Yeah well Sid called me and told me everything that was happening and wondered if I would show up as your backup since I wasn't going to the game anyway, so here I am. Hope you don't mind."
"Not at all I'm glad to have a friendly face here."
"I can't actually believe what they're going on with it's so childish and mean."
"I thought so too."

We both walked into the living room, suprising Logan as he said hey with a grin, and sat down on the love seat. We decided on our pizzas and Vero placed the order. As soon as the game started the pizza guy showed up so we sat down and ate and watched the game at the same time. After we were finished eating Laura called her mom to come pick up her and Kristy but Vero decided to stay and finish the game with Logan and me.

"Thanks for coming for support, it made the night a lot easier." I said to Vero while Logan was outside seeing the girls off.
"I'm glad Sid called me actually. We haven't hung out for a while and I really want to hang out more since our boyfriend's are like best friends, we basically have to become bff's so they'll keep us around."
"So why aren't you at the game tonight, I figured you would be at them all?"
"This is the first one I've missed but I've been working all day and I just wanted to have a relaxing night. Plus I know they have a lot more hockey left in them yet so one game won't hurt."
"That's very true."
"Oh my God light bulb. You should totally get Sid to get you some tickets in our section so then you can go to the games with us. That way you would get to know all the girlfriends and wives and we would be all like a big family. Plus it would be nice for Sid to have someone besides his parents there he can count on."
"I don't think so. We haven't even talked about whether this is going to be a public relationship or a secret relationship. Plus his father already hates me so I don't think it's a good idea."
"Trust me Sid's not going to hide his relationship from people. And for the record when it comes to Sid his father hates everything with boobs around him."

Logan walked in during this last statement.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" He asked with a grin.
"Just letting her know what happens in Troy's mind when it comes to Sid."

The third period came on and we were all silent watching it besides some profound language as we watched Claude Giroux and Mike Knuble add to Arron Asham's goal to give the Philly a 3-0 win.

"I should head home I think Marc's going to take this one hard." Vero stated as she got up to leave. "Good luck with Sid tonight, he'll probably be even worse." She gave me a hug and then left after saying bye to Logan as well.

Logan and I then went into the living room and watched some of the post-game interviews but we both got tired pretty quickly so we decided to go to bed. I brushed my teeth and changed into pajamas and was going to lay in bed and wait for Sid to call. I fell asleep after about twenty minutes and woke up to my phone going off. I looked at the clock and it was midnight.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.
"I'm sorry I woke you up didn't I?" Sid asked.
"Yeah but it's ok. How are you?"
"A little disappointed but we're still leading the series."
"You guys will do better next time I'm sure."
"I hope so. I'm going to let you get back to sleep now I just wanted to let you know that we're leaving tomorrow for Philly and we'll be back late Saturday night, so I'll call you on Sunday to get together ok?"
"I guess it has to be."
"What does that mean?"
"I finally have a couple days off from school and the nights I can actually do something you're going to be gone. But it's fine I'll just watch the games and cheer you guys on through the tv."
"I know it sucks but we'll spend all Sunday together."
"Can't wait."
"Me either. I'll call you tomorrow night before the game ok. Have a good day at school."
"I will and good luck on your game."
"Thanks. Bye baby."
"Bye."

As soon as we hung up I fell back to sleep having a nice peaceful sleep.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Glad to know that Sid knows what the girls were planning so he doesn't hopefully get caught up in it!! Great update!