Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chapter 27

The next morning when I woke up I could smell coffee luring me into the kitchen. I got up and brushed my teeth, surprised that I didn't feel at all hungover. When I walked into the kitchen Vero and Mel were already there sitting down and drinking coffee. Vero quickly got up and poured me a cup which I thanked her for.

"So where's Colby?" I asked as I sat down and sipped on my drink.
"He's still asleep. I don't think he's feeling too great today." Mel answered.
"How are you feeling today?" Vero asked.
"Surprisingly I feel fine. How about you guys?"
"Not bad at all." Vero answered.
"Like death." Mel replied causing us all to laugh. "So Brooke have Sid asked you to be his plus one yet?"
"Plus one for what?" I asked completely confused.
"Our wedding. Colby and I are getting married this summer and I figured Sid would ask you to come with him. If not you're obviously invited."
"Thanks Mel I would love to come but I'm assuming that everything is finalized so if Sid don't ask just send me pictures." I said feeling a little disappointed that Sid hadn't asked me to go with him.

"He's going to ask geez the guy is busy." Colby said as he came into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.
"Awwe muffin not feeling well today or what?" I teased when he sat down next to me and waited for Mel to pour his coffee.
"I have felt better. I can't believe you're not sick you were really drunk last night too."
"See I'm smart, I stick to just beer. You guys were mixing all sorts of drinks, that's just asking for a hangover."
"Yeah maybe next time I'll follow your lead."
"That would be wise."

We all sat around for a while until we remembered calling Sid and Marc last night but neither of us really remembered how they had taken the phone call.

"They won't be mad, they really like me." Colby said with a grin. "I think they can tolerate you guys too so I think we're good."
"You're an idiot." Mel said laughing along with the rest of us.
"Man if the guys win tonight they're going into the second round. That's pretty exciting I wish I was a part of it." Colby said looking a little bummed.
"I've told you a hundred times Colby you have a long career ahead of you and you're going to have your chance with the cup too, and you know I'm right." Mel answered rubbing his arm.
"I know I just like these little pep talks." He chuckled.
"So Brooke when the playoffs are over what's going to happen with you and Sid." Mel asked.
"I don't know." I answered slowly. "Honestly we haven't even talked about once the season is over. I mean he's going to go home before me and even then I want to go home. Plus I don't see us travelling to each other's houses right yet that seems soon. I don't know maybe we'll just have to take a break or something over the summer."
"I don't think he's going to want to do that." Colby stated. "Besides he's going to be back and forth here while you're here with all his little things he has to do. And then when you go home I'm sure you guys will visit it's not like you're going to be far apart then. And you're both coming to our wedding so there we have it everything will be fine."
"Glad you have faith in us."

I stayed for about another hour but decided I should head home home and at least let Logan know that I was still alive.

"Listen if you guys want to come over later for food and maybe watch the hockey game I'd be glad to have the company. Especially if Laura is over with Logan." I offered as I was putting my coat on.
"You know what, that sounds awesome. We'll get cleaned up and be over later." Vero answered.
"Alright well mention it to whoever you want and just come on over when you're ready. I'll see you guys later."

They all said see you and Colby and I left. He was taking me home since I rode with Vero last night. We talked about random things all the way and I don't think I ever stopped laughing. The guy was hilarious I could definitely see why he was so popular with the team and the fans when he was in Pittsburgh. He said bye when he dropped me off and said he would see me in a couple hours. When I went in Logan and Laura were sitting on the couch.

"Brooke what the hell I haven't slept all night I was worried. You should have called me." Logan demanded when I flopped down onto the couch.
"Sorry I was a little drunk so I didn't really remember. I stayed at Vero's with her, Mel, and Colby."
"What, Colby is in town?" He asked getting excited.
"Yeah him and Mel, and Ryan and Abby. Actually some of them are going to come over tonight to watch the game so if you guys don't already have plans you should stick around, should be a pretty good time."
"Oh man we already told Kristy that we would go to her place. She's having a little get together because her parents are out of town and she invited us. I wish I knew."
"You know what Logan it's fine. If you want to stay here and hang out with your friends I won't be mad. It wouldn't hurt us to spend one night apart so we can both be with our friends. Besides there's not going to be many guys at Kristy's so you'll probably have more fun here." Laura stated sounding extremely sweet.
"Oh Laura you're the best." Logan replied. "I will call you tomorrow first thing."

Just then we heard a car pull up in the driveway.

"That's my mom. Yeah call me tomorrow and we'll do something. Bye Logan, Brooke."
"Bye Laura." We both said at the same time. With that she shot us a last smile and left. If I hadn't overheard her plotting against me I think that we would have gotten along just fine.

"I'm going to go take a nap and shower." Logan said.
"Yeah that sounds like a good idea." I agreed.

We both then went to our bedrooms. I jumped in the shower first and got out about twenty minutes later. Then I shoved on some pajamas and crawled into my bed. It felt so good to be in my own comfy bed, alone might I add. I quickly drifted off to sleep.

I was awakened by the sound of my phone going off. I grabbed my phone and didn't bother to look at the caller id.

"Hello?" I answered, groggily into the phone.
"I think we have a thing for waking each other up." Sid replied.
"Oh hey Sid, how are you?"
"I'm pretty good now. I was just settling into my room and was going to have a nap but figured I should check and see how you were feeling today. You sounded pretty drunk last night."
"Yeah I was really drunk but feel good today. Which is more than I can say for Army. You'd think with being a big, strong guy he'd be able to handle it but apparently looks can be deceiving."
"You don't know how hard it is keeping up with girls when they're out drinking. I bet you's wouldn't even let him leave the dance floor."
"Yeah something like that. So what did you do last night?"
"Well we went out for a bite and came back and watched a movie. Then I decided to go to bed early so I would be all rested up for a very important game tonight. But apparently some people had something else in mind because I got a phone call from four very drunk people at three in the morning."
"Yeah I'm sorry about that. Colby came up with the idea I guess we just thought it would be funny. Hope you're not mad."
"Of course not I found it funny. Marc did too we were telling the guys about it today at practice, they're all stoked that Army and Bugsy are in town. We didn't think we'd see them until, well, umm, later in the summer."
"Oh yeah you mean at they're wedding. Mel asked me if I was invited, I didn't even know what she was talking about?"
"Brooke I'm sorry I would ask you but we haven't been together for long and I don't feel like rushing anything. Besides I don't know what's going to happen."
"During the summer I guess you mean, right?"
"Well yeah I don't really know what to do, I don't think we'll see each other and is the whole long distance thing worth it yet, we haven't been together long enough to know."
"Yeah you're right."
"Brooke I'm sorry I don't want to hurt you or anything. Maybe we should wait until tomorrow to talk about this and figure things out instead of over the phone."
"Yeah we wouldn't want to break up over the phone."
"Brooke....."
"You should go take your nap you have a big game tonight. I'll talk to you tomorrow I guess and I surely can't wait for that." I said sarcastically.
"Brooke...."

Something came over me and I just hung up then instead of waiting for his reply. I kind of felt numb over this. He doesn't think this is worth even trying long distance for a couple of months. I heard a thump downstairs and knew that Logan was up. That was perfect since I knew that I could talk to him.

"Hey Logan can we talk?" I asked as I walked into the living room and saw him stretched out on the couch.
"Yeah. What did he do, do I have to kick his ass? Because I will." He said when he saw the look on my face.
"Colby and Mel are getting married the summer and they asked me if Sid invited me. Then we somehow got talking about it today and he said he would but it seems soon. Then he basically said that he don't know if what we have is even worth trying the whole long distance thing and we should talk tomorrow."
"Wow he's going to break up with you already. I thought you guys would like be together for a long time, he's like you for a long time."
"Yeah but that's what he said so I mean I don't know."
"Maybe you'll figure it out tomorrow. I don't see him wanting to break things off. I think once you guys talk you'll come up with something."
"I hope so."

We changed the subject and just lounged around for a while waiting for everyone to show up. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. I opened it to reveal Vero, Mel, Abby, Ryan, and Colby. None of us could believe that it was only three in the afternoon, the day seemed so long but there we were sitting down watching the game intently. We ordered some food to eat while we watched. The guys ending up winning 5-3 with goals from Feds, Gonch, Eaton, and two from Sid, coming back from a 3-0 deficit. The guys had won the series and were going crazy on the ice. We were enjoying ourselves and about nine there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer and was surprised at who was there.

"Sid, hey, come in." I stammered.
"Thanks." He replied awkwardly.

As soon as he went into the living everyone went crazy hugging him, especially Colby.

"Listen the guys are at Diesel for some drinks and they're waiting on us. We have it rented so it's just us tonight because we're having a public thing tomorrow night." Sid stated.

Everyone got excited and put their coats and boots on.

"Who's riding with who?" Colby asked everyone.
"You guys figure it out." Sid said. "We'll catch up, Brooke and I have to talk first. We'll meet you guys there."

Everyone said ok and left leaving Sid and I alone in the kitchen and I was getting even more nervous every second.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow, didn't really see this coming from Sid at all. Great update, can't wait for the next one!!!

Trish said...

Nice cliff hanger!! haha

Update soon, I can't wait to see what's going to happen!!